The 2018 race will be the 31st annual running of the McKenzie River Trail Run. Net proceeds from the race are used to support local non-profit organizations in the McKenzie Valley including the McKenzie Community Track and Field. The event is operated under a special use permit from the Willamette National Forest and is an equal opportunity provider.
September 8,2018 at 7:00 AM. No early start.
Packet Pick Up
- Tuesday September 4th at Tap & Growler: 207 E 5th Ave Eugene OR 97401
- McKenzie River Community Track in Blue River OR Friday Sept 7th 4:00p.m. – 8:00p.m. 51326 Blue River Dr. Blue River Oregon
- Starting line from 5:30 – 6:45a.m.
Point to point 50K on the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail. The run begins at Carmen Reservoir off Hwy 126, just below Koosah Falls and Icecap Camp Ground. The runners go upriver past the falls and around Clear Lake before returning down the length of the trail to the finish across the road from McKenzie Ranger Station.
2018 Shuttle status:
With the expansion of the shuttle service, this took longer than expected to finalize and we apologize for the delay.This is a direct fundraiser organized and put on by the McKenzie High School Cross Country and Girls Basketball teams. They request your donation in order to ride the shuttle.
- The shuttle from the McKenzie Community Track will leave at 5:45 AM on Saturday morning. They will pick up inside the facility by the building, where there are bathrooms and coffee. There will be volunteers to help direct you to park and to the shuttle.
- There will be a smaller shuttle van leaving from the Ranger Station at 600 AM on Saturday morning. There will be signs directing you where to park.
- The shuttle will leave the Ranger Station parking lot headed to the McKenzie Community Track every 20-30 minutes starting at 11AM until all runners are finished. Your family is welcome to ride the shuttle to the finish line from the track to watch you finish.
(Don’t worry, the coaches are driving the shuttles. Not the kids.)
|Cutoff||Mile||Time of Day||Race Time||Pace from start||Pace from last aid station|
|Carmen Reservoir, Aid Station #2||11.2||9:50 AM||2:50||15:10|
|Trail Bridge, Aid Station #3||16.7||11:15 AM||4:15||15:16||15:27|
|Deer Creek, Aid Station #4||21.8||12:35 PM||5:35||15:22||15:40|
|Buck Bridge, Aid Station #5||25.1||1:30 PM||6:30||15:30||16:45|
|Finish||31.1||No formal cut off time. Runners who met the 1:30 PM cut off at mile 25.1 will be allowed to finish, provided (at the Race Directors’ discretion) they are making reasonable progress toward the finish consistent with their pace up to mile 25.1.|
There are 5 aid stations, located every 4-6 miles. They will offer water, an Electrolyte Brew and typical aid station food.
Runners can deposit drop bags at the designated areas at the start for delivery to:
- Trail Bridge Reservoir at mile 16.7. Trail Bridge drop bags will be delivered to the finish area after the last runner passes through at approximately noon.
- Finish line. Runners may wish to use drop bags to have a change of clothes taken from the start area to the finish.
Open male and female winners and age group awards: 39 & under; 40-49; 50-59; 60 & over. No age group award will be given for the overall winners’ age group.
- Registration opens April 1 and will be available online at
- Online registration must be completed by April 7 to be eligible for the lottery (if necessary).
- A printable paper entry form will be available on this site on April 1. Paper entries must be postmarked no earlier than April 1 and no later than April 7. They must be received by April 12. Paper entries should be mailed to P.O. Box 175 Rainbow OR 97413-0175.
- 50% of the entry fee is refundable for withdrawal prior to August 1. No refunds after August 1.
- No entry transfers and no entry carry-forwards to next year. If race is cancelled due to fire or other circumstances beyond our control, entry fees will be refunded to the extent they were not already used for race expenses.
- Entry fee includes aid, post-race lunch, and TBD race apparel or finisher item. Registered runners must be present at packet pickup to receive race apparel or other race swag; items will not be mailed.
- 50K field limited to 200; if the race oversells by April 7, entries will be determined by lottery. A lottery has been necessary the past 6 years.
- Buddy Entry: If you wish to have your lottery entry tied to someone else (so either you both get in or neither of you do) both individuals must list the buddy’s name on the entry form.
Additional details, including a course map, can be found on this site, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions not answered on the site. Updates will be posted on this site and our Facebook page.