|Track Level Sponsorship|
|Aid Station Sponsorship|
The 2019 race will be the 32nd annual running of the McKenzie River Trail Run, making it Oregon’s oldest continuous ultra run. Net proceeds from the race are used to support the McKenzie Bridge area non profits. Our intent is to support local businesses and products as much as possible. Keep an eye out for local logos. The event is operated by McKenzie River Trail Run LLC under a special use permit from the Willamette National Forest and is an equal opportunity provider.
September 7, 2019 at 7:00 AM. No early start.
Packet Pick Up
- TBA for 2019
Point to point 50K on the McKenzie River National Recreation Trail. The run begins at Carmen Reservoir off Hwy 126, just below Koosah Falls and Icecap Camp Ground. The runners go upriver past the falls and around Clear Lake before returning down the length of the trail to the finish across the road from McKenzie Ranger Station.
Photography by all is welcome. Anyone posting photos on our website, Facebook or Instagram shall automatically waive any copyrights and shall understand that all such photographs become part of the public domain.
But post away:
2019 Shuttle & Parking:
- The shuttle from start to finish, and back, is free. More details to come as we approach race day.
- No parking will be allowed at the finish line. Support crew and spectators must use the shuttle to get to and from the finish line.
- Parking at the start is limited, and twenty miles from the finish. It’s a long hike back. Hitchhiking is strongly discouraged.
|Cutoff||Mile||Time of Day||Race Time||Pace from start||Pace from last aid station|
|Carmen Reservoir, Aid Station #2||11.2||9:50 AM||2:50||15:10|
|Trail Bridge, Aid Station #3||16.7||11:15 AM||4:15||15:16||15:27|
|Deer Creek, Aid Station #4||21.8||12:35 PM||5:35||15:22||15:40|
|Buck Bridge, Aid Station #5||25.1||1:30 PM||6:30||15:30||16:45|
|Finish||31.1||No formal cut off time. Runners who met the 1:30 PM cut off at mile 25.1 will be allowed to finish, provided (at the Race Directors’ discretion) they are making reasonable progress toward the finish consistent with their pace up to mile 25.1.|
There are 5 aid stations, located every 4-6 miles. They will offer water, an Electrolyte Brew and typical aid station food. See course map for aid station locations.
Runners can deposit drop bags at the designated areas at the start for delivery to:
- Trail Bridge Reservoir at mile 16.7. Trail Bridge drop bags will be delivered to the McKenzie Community Track after the last runner passes through at approximately noon.
- No drop bags will be at the finish line.
- Warm-up clothes may be left at the start. They will be transported back to the McKenzie Community Track.
Awards go to open male and female overall winner and top male and female in each age group. Age groups are 29 and under, 30-39,40-49, 50-59, and 60-69, and 70 and over. Open winners not eligible for age group awards; therefore there will not be an age group award for the age group that the open winner comes from.
- Registration opens midnight April 1 and closes at 11:59 April 7 and will be available online at
- The lottery will be held the week following registration.
- The registration fee now includes the shuttle to the start and from the finish. Registration opens at midnight on April 1 and closes at 11:59 pm on April 7. The lottery will be held the following week.
- People who qualify for bypassing the lottery this year must still register during the window and pay the registration fee.
- No entry transfers and no entry carry-forwards to next year. If race is cancelled due to fire or other circumstances beyond our control, entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entry fee includes aid, post-race lunch, shuttle, and TBD race apparel or finisher item. Registered runners must be present at packet pickup to receive race apparel or other race swag; items will not be mailed.
- 50K field limited to 200; if the race oversells by April 7, entries will be determined by lottery. A lottery has been necessary the past 6 years.
- Buddy Entry: If you wish to have your lottery entry tied to someone else (so either you both get in or neither of you do) both individuals must list the buddy’s name on the entry form.
Additional details, including a course map, can be found on this site, or contact email@example.com with questions not answered on the site. Updates will be posted on this site and our Facebook page.